Personal Bedwetting Alarm - DRI Sleeper® Excel
The DRI Sleeper® Excel bedwetting alarm unit features:
- DRI Sleeper® bedwetting alarm unit size: 60 x 40 x 15mm (2.25 x 1.5 x 0.5 inches)
- Safety electronics (see below).
- Max alerting sound (we use the sound that wakes the best).
- Volume control (we set it to max - the control is internal so your child can't change it).
- Child friendly colours.
Treating enuresis with the DRI Sleeper® Excel Bedwetting Alarm
All it takes is 4 easy steps:
- Put the DRI Sleeper® alarm unit on the shoulder of pyjamas or a T-shirt using the fastening provided.
- Put the Urosensor™ in the underwear (inside a minipad is best - click for alternatives).
- Run the lead inside the pyjamas or T-shirt up to
- Plug the Urosensor™ lead into the DRI Sleeper® alarm unit.
Treatment is now ready to begin!
The Urosensor™ is the key to beating bedwetting
To react to the first drops of urine, I designed the world first, patent-pending, flexible Urosensor™.
Important note: the sensor is the key to beating bedwetting. Don't be fooled by thin clips or domes on the underwear, the urine can miss (especially with boys) and not trigger the alarm.
Because after 30 years I know what works the best:
- It is completely moulded and easy to clean and dry for instant reuse.
- The Urosensor™ goes inside the underpants right where the urine hits.
- Its soft and flexible – no hard plastic clips or domes.
- There are no metal contacts and so it can't corrode or deteriorate in urine.
- There are nine pairs of sensing strips on BOTH sides for maximum detection.
- There are no connections to break.
The DRI Sleeper® Excel special electronics and electrolysis prevention
When an alarm is triggered by urine it starts beeping. But what most people don't know, is that with most alarms, all the time that the alarm is beeping, there is an electric current passing through the sensor. Even although the current is very small, it can cause the urine to become acidic (called electrolysis) and that can irritate sensitive skin.
But the DRI Sleeper® Excel is different, as soon as the Urosensor™ is wet by urine, it triggers the DRI Sleeper® Excel alarm, it starts beeping, and instantly the special alarm electronics isolate the Urosensor™, and no more current passes through the Urosensor™. The DRI Sleeper® Excel alarm unit keeps on beeping, but with no current in the Urosensor™ to make the urine acidic. Therefore no acid, and no risk of skin irritation.